Q:        Are your apartments income based?

A:         Yes, rent is based on 30% of gross adjusted income.

Q:        How old do I have to be to live here?

A:         Because this property is a designated elderly/disabled site, the Head of Household, Co-Head or Spouse must be at least 62 years old OR at least 19 years old and disabled in order to qualify to live at this property. 

Q:        How long is your waiting list?

A:         The waiting list varies from property to property and can range from 6 months to 2 years.  It is best to request the specific property information from each site.

Q:        Do I get a preference because I am homeless?

A:         There is no preference for being homeless, everyone must complete a pre-application and be placed on the waiting list.

Q:        How do I get on the waiting list?

A:         Completion of a pre-application is required to be placed on the HUD waiting list.  The most preferred method of completing a pre-application is by making an appointment with the site manager to fill out the application in person.  If you live more than 50 miles from the property or have extenuating circumstances, a pre-application can be mailed to you. 

Q:        What do I need to bring with me to complete a pre-application?

A:         You should bring Birth Certificates and Social Security Cards for each household member.  A photo ID is also required for each person 18 and over.  ** NOTE – Not having a Social Security Card will not disqualify you from being placed on the waiting list, however, the application cannot be processed without this information.

Q:        Can I have a pet?

A:         HUD does allow each household to have a pet.  Either 1 cat or 1 dog.  There are weight and breed restrictions.  There is a deposit of $300 for the pet, that can be paid either in full at move in or $50 at move in and $10/month until the balance is paid in full. Detailed information can be obtained from the site manager.  All of our sites will consider and grant requests for reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities that have service or emotional support animals.

Q:        How much money can I make in order to qualify for your apartments?

A:         Income limits are updated annually by HUD and are based on the local area median income and family size.